First Flight: 2/3/1984
Last Flight: 6/27/1995
Robert Lee “Hoot” Gibson is a former American naval officer and aviator, test pilot, aeronautical engineer, and a retired NASA astronaut, as well as a professional pilot who currently races regularly at the annual Reno Air Races.
- Space Shuttle Challenger / OV-099 | STS-41-B
- Space Shuttle Columbia / OV-102 | STS-61-C
- Space Shuttle Atlantis / OV-104 | STS-27
- Space Shuttle Endeavour / OV-105 | STS-47
- Space Shuttle Atlantis / OV-104 | STS-71
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Administration: Administrator: Bill Nelson
Launchers: Space Shuttle | SLS
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the executive branch of the United States federal government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA have many launch facilities but most are inactive. The most commonly used pad will be LC-39B at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.