First Flight: 1/12/1986
Last Flight: 6/5/2002
Franklin Ramón Chang Díaz is a Costa Rican Chinese American mechanical engineer, physicist, former NASA astronaut. He is the founder and current CEO of Ad Astra Rocket Company as well as a member of Cummins’ board of directors. He became an American citizen in 1977. He is of Chinese (paternal side) and Costa Rican Spanish (maternal side) descent. He is a veteran of seven Space Shuttle missions, tieing the record, as of 2018 for the most spaceflights (a record set by Jerry L. Ross). He was the third Latin American, but the first Latin American immigrant NASA Astronaut selected to go into space. Chang Díaz is a member of the NASA Astronaut Hall of Fame.
- Space Shuttle Columbia / OV-102 | STS-61-C
- Space Shuttle Atlantis / OV-104 | STS-34
- Space Shuttle Atlantis / OV-104 | STS-46
- Space Shuttle Discovery / OV-103 | STS-60
- Space Shuttle Columbia / OV-102 | STS-75
- Space Shuttle Discovery / OV-103 | STS-91
- Space Shuttle Endeavour / OV-105 | STS-111
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Administration: Administrator: Bill Nelson
Launchers: Space Shuttle | SLS
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the executive branch of the United States federal government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA have many launch facilities but most are inactive. The most commonly used pad will be LC-39B at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.