First Flight: 3/13/1989
Last Flight: 9/16/1996
John Elmer Blaha is a retired United States Air Force colonel and a former NASA astronaut. He is a veteran of five space missions aboard the Space Shuttle and Mir.
Blaha is married to the former Brenda I. Walters of St. Louis, Missouri. They have three grown children and four grandchildren.
- Space Shuttle Discovery / OV-103 | STS-29
- Space Shuttle Discovery / OV-103 | STS-33
- Space Shuttle Atlantis / OV-104 | STS-43
- Space Shuttle Columbia / OV-102 | STS-58
- Space Shuttle Atlantis / OV-104 | STS-79
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Administration: Administrator: Bill Nelson
Launchers: Space Shuttle | SLS
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the executive branch of the United States federal government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA have many launch facilities but most are inactive. The most commonly used pad will be LC-39B at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.